Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Hi, I'm Jess"

Starting a new job is never easy. You're always the new person that has to be introduced to everyone and repeat the same information over and over again, while trying to come across as cool and collected so that you're employer is reminded they hired the right person.

I just started interning at 2oceansibe, and despite my nerves and first day awkwardness I'm loving it. I can say that I've done more in the last 2 days here then I ever did at my last job. On my first morning I (not sure how) totally forgot to eat breakfast so by 11:00 I was feeling pretty close to passing out. I made it through nonetheless, and when lunch time came I fed myself like a bergie at a buffet. I know as time goes on I'll become accustomed to the team and their ways and start to fit in nicely. Hopefully I will no longer have to eat lunch alone in my car, which might I add is parked in Cape Quarter parking all day due to lack of parking.. therefore I am - R70 poorer each day. So from tomorrow, I need to find myself a parking on the street. I did this for my interview and came back to find a lovely R300 parking on my window. Thank - you traffic department, I now use that pretty pink slip every time I park somewhere I'm not supposed to, thus avoiding more fines.

Got big plans for the weekend.. starting to hit the Trance Dance scene with my mates as they have fallen prey to the music and well, If I don't join them... I will soon be a full blown social recluse.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment